Sunday, July 28, 2013

Loving Lately...

As I get in the habit of routinely blogging again, I thought I'd start with a post about what I've been loving lately.  There are a lot of beautiful things being created right now, brilliant products being perfected by science, and a lot of great creative inspiration out there.

First on the list:  

I'm a girl who likes to wear her hair down and parted on the same side.  I also have fine hair that can tend to curl, which means that the early morning hair decisions that I make will set the stage for the day.   I can't wear a hat unless the plan is to wear it all day or I'll have hat-hair.  You know what I mean.

I tend to get sunburned on the top of my head a lot which eventually leads to peeling, which is just gross, so I am always on the hunt for sunscreen that won't grease my scalp and look icky.  My friend told me about this sunscreen powder and I checked it out.  It works so well I had to give a little shoutout.  It's called Colorescience, it looks like makeup, goes on without a trace, and works really well!  I have been using it all summer on my hairline and my face.  I use it on the girl's faces too.


The initial purchase is a wee bit spendy but it has refills.  I've been told one applicator will last for a few months, which is perfect!  Skincare and sunscreens are a top priority for me lately, so I had to pass on a great product.  You can purchase a water resistant version, and there's even eyescreen!  I've never heard  of an eyescreen before.  That's new to me.  

Next on my list makes my Iphone very happy:


I'm obsessed with this designer.  I smile every time I wash my hands in the sink, lol.  She's just come out with Ipad covers and Iphone cases, and I have to have this one I think:




Okay, now that we have our faces and our phones happy.... The next thing I wanted to share are the Spring chinos from Boden.  




I wouldn't begin to describe myself as fashionable or trendy.  I prefer to shop via the internet which means a lot of Gap, Old Navy, and some Banana Republic or maybe a touch of Ann Taylor Loft.  That said, the Boden catalog is one of my favorite pieces of mail.  I'd love to order one of each.  One of my staples this Spring has been these chinos.  I've been wearing them rolled up with flip flops or wedges and I just love them.  My favorites are the gray pinstripe pair.  I bought mine on sale and was just checking the site to order more colors and found them on clearance so had to share.  Maybe they are on clearance because they are called a "Spring" chino.  I don't know and I don't care.  I love them and ordered more.  True, they are running out of various sizes, but my favorite color seems to be in good supply so check them out.  $39 is a great price and it doesn't take much to get free shipping!  I was really excited to see these pants on Clearance.  I just added 4 pairs to my cart including Terracotta for $23.40!  Who doesn't need a little terracotta in their life?  Am I right?  

And with summer soon over and a new school year about to start, of course I need a good planner.  I found Emily Ley and I really like her take.



With August only a few days away it's time to get organized.  School, soccer practice, and maybe a little hip hop or hula dancing for the girls (we are still trying to decide), my kids certainly have a busy schedule coming up.  Steve is always trading shifts and working overtime so it's important for me to keep track of his schedule too.  And then there's me.  If I don't get my own classroom this year, I'm already on the sub list for three districts, so keeping track of my personal schedule is going to be crucial, because my crafty schedule needs to fit in there too.  It looks like the year ahead will be exciting!  I hope to keep all the squares filled.  

I have heard great things about these planners so of course I had to try one for myself.  If you follow Emily Ley on Facebook there's even a discount offer for the Date Book above.  Check it out!  The planners looks heavenly as well.  If I can do a good job with my date book, and don't lose it anywhere, lol, I am going to look into one of those for next year.  I love all the supplemental pages you can add.  There's even a recipe book that looks tempting too.  Maybe that'll be put on my Christmas list.  ;)  

Lastly, of course I want to add something crafty to the list of favorite things.  I have a few things in mind but for this post it has to be the August kit from Gossamer Blue.  You can check out the August Lookbook here with a a peek at the colors, some of the products, and the guest designer.  

Here is a sneak of one of my projects from this kit:



There are a lot of fun travel products in this kit which are just gorgeous.  I don't go anywhere, but I had a lot of fun with this kit taking it into different directions, and used current photos too.   The designers who are creating papers for this kit are beyond talented.  I loved cutting into their work.  :)

I guess that's it!  Back soon.

Davinie

19 comments:

  1. 後宮視訊-國外免費視頻秀聊天室
    mfc視訊-午夜免費視訊聊天室
    showlive視訊聊天網-視頻啪啪免費聊天室
    韓國視訊-台灣甜心女孩聊天室
    日本視訊-大秀聊天室
    line視訊-午夜聊天室大廳
    玩美女人影音秀-同城聊天室
    9158虛擬視訊-能看啪啪福利的直播app下載
    live173視訊-韓國美女主播視訊聊天室
    show live影音視訊網-ut視訊聊天室福利視頻
    韓國視訊聊天視頻網上裸聊qq六間房美女視頻直播閱讀黃色激清小說包養美女網後宮視訊網
    視訊聊天室破解版唐人街多人聊天視頻情人寂寞交友聊天室下載3級電影後宮視訊聊天 主頁
    好聊視頻聊天室金情社視頻聊天室韓國美女激情視訊手機在線成人圖片網后宮視訊聊天室
    MFC視頻視訊美女金情社多人視頻聊天激情真人秀場聊天室90性愛網倫理片3級片快播后宮視訊
    台灣美女視訊視頻金情社聊天室三色午夜直播六間房免費快播成人電影觀看視訊戀愛ing視訊

    ReplyDelete
  2. افضل مدونة تسلموا علي المقال ممتاز هذا
    خبير سيو
    سيو
    خبير سيو
    مدافن للبيع
    مقابر للبيع

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love it. It's so good and so awesome article. I am just amazed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing beautiful info. Keep on sharing,

    ReplyDelete
  5. That’s a brilliant story posted. I'll come back to read some more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It’s always a pleasure to read this magnificent articles on this site

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really informative site. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It’s great to know about many things from your website blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its really fun to read. I enjoyed a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Theme of blog is excellent there is almost everything to read, Brilliant post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your web site is great. I was extremely touched by this post.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your blog provided us with valuable information to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want to to thank you for this good read!! I definitely enjoyed every little bit of it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. "I would like to thanks' for the efforts you have put in writing this blog

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is the best way to share the great article with everyone one,

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was impressed by your writing. Your writing is impressive. I want to write like you

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi! this is often nice article you shared with great information.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello there! This post could not be written any better!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so much hilarious blog, Anyways thanks for posting ideas.

    ReplyDelete